Stop talking. Start doing!Apply for Think.Make.Start. #12
You find more information on our homepage.
The core to any successful project in Think.Make.Start. is balancing the magic triangle of feasibility, viability and desirability. Therefore we designed three roles which will help every team to keep this balance.
Business DeveloperYou are expert for business aspects throughout the whole project and you will be responsible for feasibility and viability dimensions. You conduct market and competitor analysis to identify potentials while being responsible for the business model. All aspects like financial aspects, development costs, organizational factors, laws and regulations must be considered while guaranteeing a sustainable cash flow based on the business model.
- Creating a functioning business model
- Defining a potential market
Problem ExpertYou are expert of understanding the potential user's or customer's needs. Thus, you find and realize a suitable solution and are responsible for viability and desirability dimensions.
- Exploring problem space to understand the problem of customer or user
- Ensuring usability of solution and testing
Tech DeveloperYou are responsible for prototyping. By considering both desirability and feasibility, you will create a solution concept and prototype iteratively.
Scalability aspects from a technical perspective must be considered as well as costs on technical components, development and manufacturing of the MVP for the business model. When it comes to hard skills this category is made for:
- hardware experts who love to get their hands dirty
- software experts who love coding and developing stuff
- mechatronic experts who have know-how in sensor systems and embedded systems
- Creating a solution concept
- Iterative prototyping and testing
Choose the discipline for which you want to apply within TMS. Your application will compete against all the other applications within this category!
Compose what you think expresses best who you are and what you do. It can be a short video (<90 sec), a homepage, a portfolio, a pitchdeck, a piece of code, or your winning recipe for the perfect team in which you were the master chef (< 10MB).
Go on, upload it somewhere and post the link in the "Application Link" field. Only this link and your first name will be shared with your peers.
You get to review and rank other applicants: who would you want in the course? So this is it, truly democratic: everyone votes and gets voted on.
Plus, you already get to know the people who you might want on your team (because, pssst…the team is everything!!).
Things you´d want to know at this stage:
- We only use your TUM mail (looks like firstname.lastname@example.org) address to contact you. Please make sure you receive the mail!
- Do not give out sensitive information in the shared application link: nobody cares about your address and birthday, for example.
- Please also provide a CV. It is for internal and formal use only and will not affect your application process.
- After the application closes, it's your turn again! You tell us who you want to work with. The TMS Orga Team chooses students for every discipline based on the ranking.
- Only the TMS orga team sees aggregated rankings, and we don't collect who rated whom – so don´t worry, the peer ranking is anonymous, and nobody will know how you ranked and were ranked by your peers.